About the Journal
Focus and Scope
SLJBR is devoted to the publication of contributions in all fields of Medicine and Allied Health Sciences including Basic Medical Sciences, Clinical Sciences, Dental Sciences, Behavioural Sciences, Biomedical Engineering, Molecular Biology, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biotechnology in relation to Medicine, Environment and Health, Nursing Sciences, Health Education and Primary Health Care. The Journal publishes articles in these categories: Original articles (full-length research papers), review articles, case reports, short communications and letters to the editors. The journal now receives manuscripts only through the ScholarOne site at:https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/sljbr
Peer Review Process
Authors should review their manuscripts with colleagues to ensure its high standard and conformity with high level of scientific writing before submitting them. All manuscripts received will undergo initial assessment by the editorial board and those which are out of scope of the Journal or are of unacceptably poor standard will be returned to the author(s) without going further in the review process. Manuscripts considered suitable for review are sent to two experts in the field of study relevant to the manuscript for evaluation. Where there are opposing views of the two reviewers, the paper is assessed by a third reviewer. Reviewersâ€™ comments and final decision of the editorial board on every paper will be communicated to the corresponding author. Author(s) can also suggest two names of possible competent reviewers. These suggested reviewers should be experts in the field of study relevant to the manuscript and should not be members of the same research or academic institution as the authors. However, the final decision on the choice of reviewers rests with the Editor - in - chief without any obligation to contact any of the recommended reviewers. Paper accepted will normally be published in the next available issue of the journal and made available online immediately. Once published, all copies of the manuscript, correspondence and artwork will be held for six months before disposal.
SLJBR is published twice a year in June and December.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Editorial Advisory Board
1. Prof. Hector Morgan, Department of Microbiology, College of Medicine and Allied Health Sciences(COMAHS), University of Sierra Leone(USL)
2. Prof. A.M. Taqi, Department of Paediatrics, COMAHS, USL
3. Ass. Prof. Mohamed H. Samai, Department of Pharmacology, COMAHS, USL
4. Dr. Solayide A Adesida, Department of Microbiology, COMAHS, USL
5. Dr. Walter James Russel, Department of Medicine, COMAHS, USL
6. Dr. Joseph Edem-Hotah, Department of Nursing, COMAHS, USL
7. Dr. A.O. Abioye, Leicester School of Pharmacy, CDE Montfort University, The Gateway, Leicester, UK
8. Dr. E. A. Jaiysoba, Department of Pharmaceutics, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
9. Dr. Thomashire A George, Department of Microbiology, COMAHS, USL
10. Prof. A. O. Coker, Deparment of Medical Microbiology and Parasitology, College of Medicine, University of Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
African Journal Partnership Program(AJPP)
Sierra Leone Journal of Biomedical Research (SLJBR) is a peer reviewed journal published by the College of Medicine and Allied Health Sciences, University of Sierra Leone, Freetown. The Journal is conceived to allow healthcare professionals and researchers express their views and also communicate their research findings to the world for teaching and reference purposes. The journal now receives manuscripts only through the ScholarOne site at:https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/sljbr